Maternal & Child Health Care
This corporation is running 20 urban health posts. Through these 20 centers the following services are rendered to the Public, free of cost. From April 2015 onwards 3 New UHPs are opened and functioning at Gandhi maa nagar,Neelikonampalayam, and Vilankurichi
- Antenatal care on all tuesdays.
- Delivery facilities round the clock.
- Immunization activities on all Wednesdays (BCG,PENTA,DPT,OPV,TT,DT) and distribution of Vitamin 'A' solution
- Family welfare clinics on all days.
- Distribution of FST tablets for adolescent girls from 11 to 19 yrs of age on all thursdays.
- IUD insertion and distribution of Oral pills and conventional contraceptive in all the Urban Health Posts.
- Sterilization Operation (Tubectomy) (CTM Home, M M Home, S L M Home, V V M Home , R K Bai, Singanallur UHP) In addition laproscopic sterilization and Vasectomy camp is carried out through special camps.
- Ultra - Sound Scan facility in 8 Health Posts. (CTM Home, M M Home,S L M Home, V V M Home , R K Bai, Singanallur, Ganapathy and Peelamedu at Rs.50/- per scan)
There are 5 AIDS Control centres established in this corporation through Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society, (TANSACS) Chennai. In these centres blood tests for HIV and counselling are carried out for the patients attending the clinics.
- Woman Medical Officer
- Public Health Nurse / Maternal Child Health Officer/Sector Health Nurse
- Urban Health Nurse
- Maternity Ayah
- Sanitary Worker